Homey is provided with a section to manage Login & Register options inside the Homey Options panel.
Enable the login and register button
Navigate to Homey Options > Login & Register. Locate the Login and Register settings and select Enabled to display the Login and Register button in the header of your website.
Create the reset password page
In your left sidebar navigate to Pages > Add New to create a new page and from the Page Attributes box located in the right sidebar select Template: Reset Password
Customize the login and register pop-up
When you click on the Login ad Register button on the front end of your website, a pop-up will be displayed like in the image below. You can customize the image and the text you see on the left side of the pop-up.
Navigate to Homey Options > Login & Register and locate the settings here below.
- Login Screen Image: Upload an image for the login pop-up
- Login screen text: Enter a overlay text for the login screen image
- Register Screen Image: Upload an image for the register pop-up
- Register screen text: Enter a overlay text for the register screen image
Enable the register form
The user register functionality is a global WordPress setting. In your left sidebar navigate to Settings > General, locate the Membership box.
- Membership: select Anyone can register
- New User Default Role: select Host if you want the user to publish properties or select Renter if you want the user to favorite properties and save searches and create reservations.
If you have activated Login and Register you also have the following settings:
- Users can type the password on the registration form: Select Yes or No. If you select No, users will get an auto-generated password via email
- After Login Redirect Page: Select a page where you want to redirect the users after they have been logged in
- Terms & Conditions: Select the page to use for Terms & Conditions
Enable The Login With Facebook
Navigate to this website https://developers.facebook.com/ and use your Facebook username and password to log in. From the menu, My Apps click on Create a New App.
Enter the name you want to associate to that app (it can be whatever you want) on the pop-up window and click on Create App ID.
Select Integrate Facebook Login and click on Confirm.
Navigate to the Settings » Basic page.
- In App Domains field, specify the domain name of your website.
- Select the Category of your App.
- Click the Save Changes button.
Navigate to the Facebook Login » Settings page.
- Go to the Client OAuth Settings section. In the Valid OAuth Redirect URIs field, specify the Redirect URL of your OAuth application (ex:
- Click the Save Changes.
Change App Status:
- By default, the App will be In Development mode. To change the App status in Live, click the toggle switch at the top header.
- On click the Status On/OFF switch, a confirmation dialog will appear. Confirm to make your app public
Enable the Login With Google +
To create an API key:
- Go to the Google API Console .
- From the project drop-down, select a project , or create a new one.
- Enable the Google+ API service:
- In the list of Google APIs, search for the Google+ API service.
- Select Google+ API from the results list.
- Press the Enable API button.
When the process completes, Google+ API appears in the list of enabled APIs. To access, select APIs & Services on the left sidebar menu, then select the Enabled APIs tab.
- In the sidebar under “APIs & Services”, select Credentials.
- In the Credentials tab, select the New credentials drop-down list, and choose API key.
- From the Create a new key pop-up, choose the appropriate kind of key for your project: Server key, Browser key, Android key, or iOS key.
- Enter a key Name, fill in any other fields as instructed, then select Create.