The custom fields builder allow you to add new custom fields to the listing detail page without touching any code. Custom fields are important if you want to customize your listing information.
How to create a new custom field
Navigate to Homey > Fields Builder in your left sidebar and click on Add New.
After clicking on Add New you will have this form below to create custom fields.
- Field Name: Enter the name of the custom field (For i.e. “Location Type” )
- Placeholder: Enter the attribute to specify a short hint that describes the expected custom field value (For i.e. “” )
- Type: This tool allows you to select which type of input field is needed. The input specifies an input field where the user can enter or select data.
- Text: This type of field is for creating basic, single-line inputs.
- Select: This type of field provides a menu of options that you will be able to create
- Textarea: This type of field represents a multi-line input
Once you have created your custom fields, navigate to Listings > Add New Property in your left sidebar and you will see they appear in the property information form. Both in the backend and frontend submission form.
Edit or delete
Once you have created your custom fields you always have the possibility to edit or delete them. Navigate to Homey > Fields builder in your left sidebar to display this table below. Use the edit or delete button to manage them.